As an Underwriting Assistant you will support a team of underwriters and assist them in
maintaining efficient underwriting processes and provide excellent customer service to our
broker/clients. The objective of this position is to enable underwriters to focus on business
production and underwriting quality while assisting in various aspects of the workflow
processes. You will also provide support to the compliance team and help ensure that forms,
policies, and procedures follow state insurance department guidelines.
• Ensure completeness of all new submissions and reach out to broker to obtain missing
• Liaise with underwriters and brokers and as needed to communicate account status and
complete outstanding subjectivities.
• Liaise with underwriters to confirm policy issuance instructions for policies,
endorsements, forms, notices, certificates, etc. and effectively complete
• Quality control to ensure accuracy of work (e.g., exposure bases, limits, coverage
extensions and/or any modifications).
• Generate broker correspondence in electronic format (e-mail) related to transaction
processing and informational follow up requests.
• Process rate premium changes for premium bearing change requests.
• Create and maintain electronic file for accounts.
• A bachelor’s degree preferred but is not required.
• 1-5 years’ experience working in the Insurance Industry with a desire to learn and
understand our insurance product offerings.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of insurance policy terms and conditions.
• Ability to process information in a timely manner.
• Must have strong planning and organizational skills.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment, act with a sense of urgency
and adapt to an ever-changing environment quickly.
• Take ownership and accountability for one’s work product with a solid commitment to
quality and customer service.
• Ability to establish priorities, coordinate and monitor personal work plan while
maintaining status and oversight of multiple submissions and renewals.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume to